Frequently Asked Questions
The Formation Process
- Can I get help filling in the online company formation application over the phone?
- Yes, we are happy to help you complete the online company incorporation application over the phone. Unlike some of the other company formation agents we will also take you through the process step by step free of charge if you require us to do so.
- When and how do I pay for the service?
- You will pay for your company formation service at step 3 of the process. This is after you have entered your company name and selected any additional products and services that you require. Payment can be made by debit or credit card or alternatively through PayPal. On some rare occasions we do accept personal cheques payable in pounds sterling drawn on a UK bank account, however no work will be started on your company formation until the cheque has fully cleared and for this reason we advise against this method of payment.
- What happens once I have filled in the online company incorporation application?
Once you have filled in the online company formation application we will then request that you send us some identification documents so that we can carry out fraud checks. For more information about this visit the Anti Money Laundering section of our FAQs.
After we have received this documentation we will process your application and will send it to Companies House. Once they have completed their checking procedure and have processed the application, your company will be formed and we will send you the electronic copies of the company documents and deal with any other products that you have purchased from us.
- Do I need to sign anything?
No, there is no requirement for you to sign anything as the application is authenticated electronically through three questions that are asked during the application process. These are:
- What is your town of birth?
- What is your eye colour?
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- How long will it take for my company to be formed?
- Once we have received your identification documents and these have been checked we will immediately send your application to Companies House. We usually receive a response from Companies House within 3 working hours of submitting an application. However, Companies House state that it can take 48 hours to register a limited company online.
- What happens if my application is rejected by Companies House?
- If your application is rejected by Companies House we will seek to resolve the issue with you if possible. For example, if the application was rejected on the grounds that the company name is too similar to another company’s name we will ask you for an alternative. We will then resubmit the application to Companies House as many times as necessary until the company formation is complete. Additional discretionary charges may apply.
- Is it possible to change any information on my company formation application?
Once you have completed your online company incorporation application, it is possible to change details of your company formation by contacting us. We would suggest that you do so immediately after you become aware that a change is required. However once the application has been sent to Companies House it cannot be recalled, meaning that nothing can be changed after it has been submitted.
Should you need to amend any details in relation to your company after the application has been sent to Companies House or your company formed, we can assist you with this through Wisteria Chartered Accountants (additional charges will apply). For more information, contact our customer support team.
- I have a company that I wish to close, can you help?
- Yes, Wisteria can help you have the company struck off the register. As this is a more complex procedure it cannot be completed online and will depend on the status of your company and the company’s history. For more information about this service contact a member of our customer support team on 020 8429 9085.